Sergeant at Arms
In 2021, the City of North Miami Beach implemented a Sergeant at Arms program to provide the following services to the mayor and commissioners
- Provide security at city functions
- Provide limited transportation to city events
Abuse of the Sergeant at Arms
Corrupt Commissioner Paule Villard has used her position to abuse the Sergeant at Arms program by
- Using the Sergeant at Arms to conduct personal business as well as escorting her out of the country.
- Multiple violations of the Sergeant at Arms Policy
- Intentionally vague log entries to cover for her misuse of the Sergeant at Arms Policy
- Using the Sergeant at Arms to assist her while recording videos for her side business on city time while on city property
- Using the Sergeant at Arms as a prop for videos filmed for private companies unrelated to the City of North Miami Beach
Using the Sergeant at Arms As a Video Prop For Contraste Haiti Vanity Project
In 2022, Paule Villard used the Sergeant at Arms and a vehicle owned by the City of North Miami Beach to film a vanity video for Contraste Haiti, a "multimedia platform that works to promote and enhance Haiti's assets both nationally and internationally". This video contributed nothing to the residents of North Miami Beach yet was funded in part by the taxpayers of North Miami Beach.
In this video, a North Miami Beach Police Officer was humiliated by being forced to open doors for her and help her into the city owned SUV, essentially treating him as a chauffeur. Again, this was for a vanity project from a private company to give Paule Villard a ego boost and the illusion of grandeur. This does not promote North Miami Beach, the amazing residents of North Miami Beach or the countless small businesses in North Miami Beach.